Vitiligo is a skin disease which occurs when the cell that produces melanin die or stop working. Here are some tips for the vitiligo patients to take into consideration.
- Protect your skin from sunburn. Make proper use of sunscreen lotion. Apply sunscreen with high SPF every day and even on a cloudy day. Re-apply it after every 2 hours.
- Diet plays an important role in controlling Vitiligo. Maintaining a well-balanced diet rich in Vitamin B12, folic acid, and pantothenic acid is good for skin and can benefit Vitiligo patients.
- Do not get a tattoo. Getting a tattoo can cause something called Keobnerization. This means when you wound your skin affected by vitiligo may create a new patch of vitiligo.
- Drink water stored in the copper vessel. This will help in increasing the production of melanin in body and skin will show reduced whiteness.
- Learn about Vitiligo and consult a dermatologist. It helps to know about the treatment you can have to get rid of the Vitiligo.
- Mental stress may also trigger patches to occur on the skin. So try methods like Yoga, meditation, pursuing a hobby etc. to stay positive and it will help to reduce mental stress.
- One of the natural home remedies for Vitiligo - Use turmeric and mustard oil to effectively reduce the white patches.
- Avoid chemical based products/cosmetics like deodorant or perfume on directly on the skin.